Thematic Area: Food Security and Livelihood (FSL)
Project Period: September, 2022- December, 2022
Donor Agency: World Food Programme (WFP)
Project Locations: District Swat and District Kohistan of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa
Project Goal: To defeat Hunger, improve food security and nutrition and communities are resilient to shocks.
Flood Emergency Response General Food Distribution project was initiated in two districts of KP including Swat and Upper Kohistan in response to 2022 flood with financial support from WFP. Under the project food packages were distributed among 8000 families (5000 in district Swat and 3000 in District Upper Kohistan). The project was aimed to achieve the following objectives;
- To contribute to reducing the food insecurity of the vulnerable population affected by flood through unconditional Food Assistance.
- To address the immediate food needs of the flood affected population through the provision of unconditional food assistance.
- To support the most vulnerable families (widowed households; female-headed families; families with more children and elderly members; disabled individuals; and orphans).
- Identification of 8000 vulnerable flood affected population in district Swat and Upper Kohistan.
- Registration of the identified vulnerable population in both districts.
- Food distribution to 8000 families in both districts.
- Registration of 2000 children for distribution of nutritional supplements.
- Awareness sessions on First Aid, Disaster Risk Reduction and Best agriculture practices.
- Counselling session with lactating mothers to prevent adverse effect of floods on mother and child.
- Awareness sessions on mother and child health.