Thematic Area: Health, Education and Nutrition
Project Period: October, 2022- December, 2022
Donor Agency: John Snow Inc (JSI)
Project Locations: District Swat, Peshawar, Charsadda and Mardan of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa
Project Goal: The goal is to educate communities about the significance of COVID-19 and encourage them to get vaccinated, promoting a healthier life.
Integrated Health Systems Strengthening Services Delivery Project was implemented by HUJRA VSO in four major districts of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan including Peshawar, Mardan, Charsada and Swat districts with financial support from JSI. The project was initiated in response to Covid-19 with the following objectives;
- Creating Demand for Covid-19 Vaccination.
- Covid-19 Vaccination of 600,000 eligible population.
- Conducting awareness sessions on Child Health
- Conducting 160 awareness session on Personal Hygiene
- As outcome of the project activities, 1.7 million population across four districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa were sensitized on Covid-19 SOPs and vaccination.
- Covid-19 vaccination were provided to the eligible population in the targeted districts.
- 172 sessions were conducted on Mother and Child health across all project targeted districts